ASPARAGUS RISOTTO serves 4
- 320g Carnaroli Risotto Rice
- 20 spears of Essex Asparagus cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 finely chopped shallot
- 1 crushed clove of violet garlic
- 1 finely minced clove of violet garlic
- 70g unsalted butter
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 50g Pecorino Sardo Canestrato finely grated.
- Heaped tsp finely chopped parsley
- 200 ml Vegetable stock 170m1 dry white wine
- Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1 unwaxed Amalfi lemon
Sauté the asparagus in a pan with 2 tbsp olive oil and the crushed garlic clove, season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Sweat the shallots and minced violet garlic in a heavy based pan until translucent with 2tbsp olive oil and 30g unsalted butter. Add the Carnoroli rice and 'toast' the rice until warn at touch. Add the dry white wine, gently evaporate.
Add the half of the asparagus, stir. Start to add the warm vegetable stock a small ladle at a time, just to cover the rice, simmer gently stirring and often It should take around 15 minutes. Check the rice I will be cooked but very slightly al-dente
Remove from the heat, add the remaining asparagus, the 40g unsalted butter, stir well, add the finely grated pecorino, finely chopped parsley, season with salt and pepper and finish with very finely grated lemon zest & another sprinkle of the Pecorino.