LA FROMAGERIE Ltd. is the data controller.
To give you information on how we collect and process your personal data through use of this website, including any information you may provide when you sign up to our newsletter, preorder something in store or make any general enquiries.
It gives information about:
What Personal Data do we collect?
(1) We can only fulfill online orders or phone orders if we collect your personal data. By personal data we mean personally identifiable information like name, address and contact number, etc. When you place an order through our website, your credit card information is entered directly through the secure Shopify platform and we do not record or hold these details. When you place an order over the phone by calling our shops, your details are physically locked away until they are needed, and immediately discarded afterwards.
(2) We also collect, use and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. This is derived from your personal data, but does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
(3) We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How do we collect your Personal Data?
We use different methods to gather information from and about you including through:
- Information you give us: when you make a purchase on our website; when you pre-order some products or services in store or by phone; when you book to attend an event, tasting or training event; when you contact us or engage with us on social media; when you subscribe to our newsletter.
What is the legal basis for processing your Personal Data?
Whenever we process your data, we have to have a legal basis for doing so. We rely on the following legal bases:
- Performance of Contract: Your data allows us to carry out our obligations to you, such as delivering an order.
- Consent: With your consent we will use your personal data to keep you informed by email and/or post about information on our products and services, including promotions and events.
- Legitimate Interest: As part of our interest in providing the highest levels of service, we use aggregated information to better plan new products and services.
- Legal Obligation: We may have to share your data with official entities such as government agencies and the police where it is necessary for their lawful services.
We are committed to ensuring that any personal data you give to us is kept secure.
We protect your data by using a variety of security measures including specific policies and procedures, password protection, encryption, and security certificates.
Particularly sensitive data such as payment card information is either processed through Stripe (a specialist third party who have the highest level of security compliance) or physically locked away until it is needed.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties, such as delivery couriers. We will only share the information needed by third parties to provide our services. In this instance, the legal basis for sharing your data is Performance of Contract. This means that sharing your personal information is necessary to provide our services and fulfil our obligations to you.
We also use Google Analytics and Meta Pixel to collect information about how you use our website. This includes how you got to our website, which pages you visited and for how long. This information allows us to enhance your experience on our website and to show you personalised content.
If you would prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from our website you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the 'Help' menu of your particular browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
You can also manage your choices by selecting which non-essential cookies you are happy for us to collect when you first visit our website.
How long will we keep your personal data?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we will only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
You have the right to:
- request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected.
- request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request for specific legal reasons, such as if required by official bodies.
- request restriction of processing of your personal data.
- request the transfer of your personal data to you or a third party.
- withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data, including direct marketing, etc.
If you are seeking to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details in the ‘How to Contact Us’ section below.
How to Contact Us
Or by post:
La Fromagerie Ltd
2 – 6 Moxton Street
Changes To Our Privacy and Cookies Policy